First, what exactly is a Fresh 48 hospital session, you ask? A Fresh 48 hospital session is held in the hospital after you deliver, within the first 24-48 hours of your baby’s life, and is a lifestyle-type session. These are perfect for those parents that want to remember all of the details of their new baby, when they’re still *brand* new, but don’t want the entire labor or birth photographed.
I love these sessions so much, I’ve put together a list of 7 reasons you need to book one if you’re expecting…like today!
- If you have older children, you can time the Fresh 48 hospital session to be when the older siblings will meet their new little brother or sister. There’s not anything much sweeter than the anticipation and excitement of them meeting the newest and littlest family member.
- This session captures all of the details you didn’t know you wanted to remember. Your hospital, the room number, their bassinet (with their name/stats on it), the flowers, cards, and gifts you’ve received, quiet moments where you’re all getting to know each other, your husband becoming a Dad for the first time, and you a Mom, and so much more. I *wish* I had of done this session when my daughter was born. My husband and I were trying to capture all of these moments, and could not focus on being new parents and enjoying the moment!
- You’ll have time to rest before I come. Labor is hard. Birthing a baby is hard. You’re going to be tired, whether you have a natural delivery or a c-section. This session allows you to get some sleep, and feel (a bit) refreshed, and eat before you have me documenting everything. Oh, and if you want to apply make-up – do it! You’ll have time.
- Having a baby is a blur. I thought I would remember everything, but now, 3+ years later, I don’t – surprise! I don’t remember what room we were in. I don’t remember the cards and flowers we received. Like I said, I *wish* I had of done this for my daughter. After all, pictures are for our children. Yes, we enjoy them, but these will be things they show their children later on.
- They change so fast. It doesn’t seem like a long time from when they are born to when the newborn session is, but the truth is, in those 2 weeks or so, they change so much. Their skin changes, their faces change. Yes, they are still teeny-tiny, but it’s just not the same. These sessions capture how “fresh” they still are.
- If you have guests in town, and they visit while you’re at the hospital, I’ve got you covered. It’s pretty awesome to see your parents see their grandchild for the first time, and have it documented! Same goes for aunts and uncles, and cousins too!
- They’re raw and capture all of the emotion you’re definitely going to be overcome with. Happiness, exhaustion, relief, bliss, and everything in between.
Looking for a Fresh 48 hospital session in the Dallas area? Email me for your Fresh 48 hospital session, at email@example.com or fill out the contact form, and we can start planning your perfect session! We can chat over the phone, or you can come into my studio so we can plan your session from start to finish, including how you will display and enjoy your images in your home for years to come!